Community Engagement Traineeship
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Community Engagement Trainee.
Based in Truro (working in Camborne, Pool, Redruth, Falmouth and Truro area) – we are actively seeking people who are “Experts by Experience” and may have lived or have experience of being marginalised from, Mental health, Homelessness, Addiction or Ex offenders.
The successful candidates will:
• Work with local organisations and community groups to engage participants
• Provide 1:1 support to engage disadvantaged participants with multiple barriers
• Work with Change coaches to support the varying needs of participants
• Work across the Positive People project and its specialist partners
• Access specialist support within the partnership to enable participants to build confidence
• Support participants to enter training, education and /or employment.
• Work as part of a team
• Have access to and use of a vehicle
We are seeking 1 full time posts – 37 hrs per week, 12 months fixed term contract.
RATE OF PAY:
Salary £17,155 per annum . We would also consider this role to be a job share for the correct candidates.
If you are interested in the above post, have excellent interpersonal skills, are a good team player, and have the ability to take initiative when required, then call us now.
For an informal discussion on this role, or an information pack please contact Lindsay Wake on 01872 246724
15th May 2017
This role is eligible under the exceptions to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will therefore require the successful applicant to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
CHAOS is committed to achieving a working environment which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, disability, religion or beliefs, age or sexual orientation.